Monday, March 10, 2008

Request for an update...

Things are going really well but are really busy right now. Here is a quick rundown.

I was just inducted into the national honor society for eduction (Kappa Delta Pi)--kinda lame, kinda cool.

This is my last week in my current placement and I am feeling really sad about leaving my kids and my host teacher.

I sang in Women at the Well yesterday. I sang "He Came for Me"--one of my favorites. My host teacher and her husband came to hear me sing at our church. It was quite sweet of them to come and it was nice to see her out of the classroom (and not at Weggies). I think I did pretty well. I received lots of compliments.

Skyler has been very supportive through all of this chaos (this week will speed by...). He has been editing a lot of lesson plans, making dinners, and putting up with me. Last week and tonight he was in an intramural basketball tournament with other men from the branch. They are doing well. He really likes it.

I don't have many pictures. But here is the outline of my week :) To make sure I could get everything done before Thursday I had to map it all out.

I will give a more exciting update on Friday or Saturday as I will be free from classroom responsibilities for one weekend!

Thursday

Unit Plan

4:00 – 6:00 pm

KDP Ceremony

6:00 – 8:00 pm

Unit Plan

8:00 – 10:00 pm

Friday

Unit Plan

Misc. time (2 hrs)

Unit Plan

4:00 – 6:00 pm

Dinner

6:00 – 7:00 pm

Unit Plan

7:00 – 10:00 pm

Saturday

W@W

9:00 – 12:00 pm

Unit Plan

1:30 – 3:00 pm

Score Folders

3:00 – 6:00 pm

Sunday

Journal Entries

4:00 – 5:00 pm

W@W

6:00 – 9:00 pm

Monday

Thesis

4:00 – 6:00 pm

Dinner

6:00 – 7:00 pm

Score Folders

7:00 – 10:00 pm

Tuesday

Score Folders

3:00 – 6:00 pm

Dinner

6:00 – 7:00 pm

Score Folders

7:00 – 10:00 pm

Wednesday

Score Folders

3:00 – 6:00 pm

Dinner & Breathe

6:00 – 8:00 pm

Assessment Assignment

8:00 – 10:00 pm

Thursday

Culturally Responsive

3:00 – 4:30 pm

Dinner

5:00 – 6:00 pm

Teacher Observation

6:00 – 8:00 pm

Student Strengths

8:00 – 10:00 pm

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for the update! If I could, I'd help you grade papers or whatever else you need...but I guess I'm too far away for that. Good luck getting through it all!

Molly said...

Hang in there! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

I think you need to add my name to your schedule, I'm feeling neglected. :) I'm kiiiidding. I miss you. At least save a slot to come see me when the baby comes. :)

Starla said...

What a prompt update. Sounds like you are doing well and keeping your schedule all filled up. Good luck!

Chelsea Parsons said...

ahh ya slacker... that's nuthin! Kidding! One day in a few yrs you will be hanging washing out, getting countless meals for kids swarming around your ankles,and wiping pee off the floor..... you will look back and love that different schedule!!! he he!