First, I must apologize to Mollie. I am sorry that I didn't respond to the first tag that you gave me. I have a hard time thinking of 7 unique things about myself so I haven't had a chance yet. But the new tag I can do without too much thinking :)
10 years ago:
I was 13 and my family was living with my grandparents while we were waiting for our new house to built. It was my first year of middle school and mid-year I moved to my new school...Skyridge Middle School. I was trying to find my place in life (like everyone else) and realizing that I didn't want to be cool but I didn't want to be a loser either...I like to think that I landed somewhere in the middle...probably closer to the loser side of things! I did, of course, put way too much pressure on myself to be smart.
5 things on my to-do list today:
-look over Revo War unit
-organize binder
-plan science
-unit plan outline
-email thesis to Crystal
3 bad habits:
1. Leaving my phone on silent or vibrate without knowing where it is (this drives Skyler crazy)
2. Picking at my skin (my poor roommates and husband have tried to cure me but there seems to be little hope)
3. lying in bed without getting reading for bed. I don't mind it so much, but Skyler doesn't understand why I do this. But falling into bed is just so tempting. I always get back up and get ready. It just isn't the most efficient use of my time.
Places I have lived:
Vancouver, Washington
Camas, Washington
Provo, Utah
Springville, Utah
Newfield, NY
Jobs I have had:
babysitter (age 12/13)
garden nursery water girl/flower planter (age 13-15)
neighborhood lawn mower girl (age 14-15)
assistant at an insurance company (age 16-18, then 1 summer)
waitress/hostess at a small Italian restaurant (age 17, 1 summer)
janitor at the MTC for one day--then my mom and dad forbid me from walking that late (THANK YOU!--age 19)
baker at the Morris Center (hi Nathan!--age 19)
data entry specialist for LDS Philanthropies (age 19-21)
Teaching Assistant for a nursery school (age 21/22)
Things people don't know about me:
I am rebellious at heart sometimes. For example, the other day Skyler told me that I needed to stop procrastinating and get to work (in a much nicer way than that sounds). I wasn't ready for that stage yet, I was still in the "please-feel-sorry-for-me-for-having-so-much-to-do-stage." But I went right to work and thought to myself for about 3 mins..."why would he tell me what to do, he knows that I have a lot to do and that I will get to it eventually." Luckily, I talked myself out of the pouting/festering, but I sure don't like to be told what to do. (this might only be news for a few people since the people who reads this went to school with me or are my parents!)
What else, I love to travel. This was actually news to me upon our arrival in New York. I grew up in a family that went to the same beach for vacation, and I loved it. But now living in New York I find myself wanting to go somewhere new every chance I get. Is this the east coast or is this the traveler in me being unleashed? And, I LOVE the idea of going to every country possible (I add the "possible" because I really want to go to Venezuela, but that wouldn't be a smart move right now, thanks Chavez!)
I am absolutely in love with my husband Skyler Mark Tanner! (okay, must of you know that, but I thought I would remind you!)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I did NOT know you loved travelling so much! Me too!
Okay then we must plan a girls trip to somewhere exotic. I realize it may have to wait awhile (like 10 years from now), but thats fine. Start planning you six!
I forgive you for not doing the first tag. :)
Oh these are so fun. Man I miss you! I wish you'd stop being so busy! ;) And I'm ready whenever you are on the thesis. I'm sure it's wonderful and I'll hardly have to fix anything. :)
Im glad you like travelling, that means you may come to Tasmania one day! Miss you!
Post a Comment