Despite the fact that I am bitter about all of that, life is good. I have this week off for my district's February break. Which is quite helpful considering how large my to-do list is. Skyler and I were able to enjoy the weekend. We celebrated Valentine's Day on Thursday ... a good excuse to liven life up a bit with some chocolate and sweet time together. We made the most delicious meal as part of evening together. It was a shrimp pasta dish--hands down the most amazing pasta I have ever had!
Skyler gave me my gift in the morning and I gave him his gifts throughout the day. (this was taken at 5:30am. Notice the website in the background...that is the district page...we were keeping our fingers crossed for a snow day)
our lovely meal (no, we haven't taken up drinking...that is a bottle of root beer for Skyler and balsamic vinegar for our salad and bread and I have a glass of limonata)Winter is getting to me a bit. I found myself full of energy last night and no ideas as how to expel it. So, in the middle of our scripture reading I decided to sing...not a reverent hymn of any sort, but the star spangled banner. Skyler quickly laughed and informed me that it was inappropriate to sing something so obnoxious while sitting in bed. (I know this sounds crazy, but you would be going crazy too if you hadn't seen the sun in a long time and snow and clouds were the only thing in the forecast for the next ten days.) Luckily, Skyler understands me and quickly made use of my energy by asking me to take over reading...not only to read, but to sing each verse. That gave us a good laugh!
I am sure I will post more during the week as I try to avoid responsibilities.

1 comment:
I wish I'd been there to see that scripture reading adventure! Happy Valentine's Day! Hang in there. You'll be a regular teacher soon!
Post a Comment