Yesterday Skyler treated me to a nice dinner. We went to a restaurant called The Carriage House. We pass it everyday on the way to the law school and I have always raved about the building style, but just recently I realized it was a restaurant, not a bed and breakfast. We went because I was craving fancy bread and butter. Which of course isn't hard to find...but we wanted to try a new place. It far exceeded our expectations (including the price... whoops) but it was AMAZING! Skyler ordered the lamb and I ordered the duck. They were both delicious! The atmosphere was wonderful and exactly what I had hoped. It has a rustic feel and it the design is how I have always imagined my dream kitchen.

This is the duck dish that I had.
This is the restaurant. Don't be fooled...it is still winter in Ithaca. We woke to a fresh 6 inches of snow on Friday. This is just a pic from their website.The rest of our weekend we have done pretty much the same thing as usual...enjoyed time together while avoiding homework and then sitting across the table from each other while writing and reading as homework always wins in the end.
P.S. Only 7 weeks until I graduate!

3 comments:
Yay for mission calls, good rolls, and temple trips. I am making rhodes rolls as we speak. Not as good as some restaurant rolls, but dang good I think!
I can't believe you are almost done!! How exciting, I am so proud.
I'm starving for duck now. And I've never even tasted it! 7 weeks is not long at all!
Post a Comment