It is one of my vices. I love popcorn, especially popcorn made at home on the stove. We have been out of popcorn for the last few weeks. Yes, that is a big deal considering I have been known to eat a bowl of popcorn several nights a week (don't ask about the size of the bowl). Now that we haven't had popcorn I have wanted it even more. There have been a handful of nights that I have considered running to the store, but then reminded myself that I don't necessarily need the calories so I have just guzzled a glass of water instead. I didn't realize the withdrawals I was experiencing until Sunday night. That night I probably fell asleep thinking about the salty-buttery-deliciousness that I crave, because around 2 o'clock in the morning I woke up Skyler in a panic. Was the baby crying? No. Was there a burglar? No. I said to him, in my sleep, "I need popcorn, can you get me some?" We both took a minute to come to. When we realized what had happened we chuckled, said "Really?", then we rolled over. Shortly after Savvy woke to save me from myself.
I bought a bag of kernels today. Hopefully we will all sleep more soundly.
4 comments:
We're the same way! I think we probably average a big bowl three times a week. Just think about all of the fiber you're getting- and butter and salt.
LOL. So hilarious!
We make popcorn this way too! Taylor showed it to me and I can't go back to eating the bag stuff. Yucky.
Oh, I miss and love you Shannah!
Post a Comment