1. I didn't make it to a Halloween activity for Savvy.
2. I resorted to turning on the tv for Savvy so I could respond to an email (I hate resorting to the tv).
3. I didn't get the house picked up before Skyler came home.
4. I didn't make dinner, Sky did. We had egg sandwiches. They were dang good. And only dirtied one dish.
Instead of doing these things I spent my entire morning at a car shop, the afternoon at the DMV, and the rest of the day responding to emails and phone calls that weren't planned. Some days you can't plan life.
But even though only the car was checked off of my list and I was feeling incredibly guilty about "ignoring" my amazingly patient daughter all day...there was a pay off.
We sat down to dinner, 2 hours late, and got ready for prayer. Savvy instantly put down her cup and folded her arms with a smile. That made me feel like I have actually accomplished a lot.

1 comment:
Yep, sounds like success to me, too!
Post a Comment