Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Refreshed...

Last night Skyler surprised me when he told me an hour ahead of time that he arranged for my sister and her boyfriend (Thank you!) to come watch Savvy so we could go out. I was very surprised---seriously, on a random Tuesday even? Skyler's original plan didn't come together so we just went without one, but that was the best part of it all. The most important things were covered, Savvy had a trustworthy sitter that we weren't putting out and I didn't even have to think about anything other than what to wear.

I felt so young and care-free just jumping in the car and deciding randomly what I wanted to do (my birthday pick). We bought cookies on a whim, bought popcorn and a lemonade, and enjoyed a movie in the theater just the two of us. It was good to think of me for a night without a guilty conscience or a budget. There has been a lot happening in our extended families lately and being home with Savvy and wanting to be a domestic goddess for Skyler makes me forget to think of what I want once in a while. So glad that Skyler takes the time to focus on me and spoil me on a whim. Couldn't ask for more.

Cute movie--some of it is all too funny and true.
There is a part of it though that we can't endorse ;)

5 comments:

jenny t said...

That sounds just wonderful. I can't even imagine a day when I can do that again! You forget how much you need to get out until you do, and it really makes you feel so much better. Happy Birthday in a couple of days. And to think that four years ago, we were just barely getting to know you guys. Life is starting to change so much more quickly than it once did!

Lindsey Hicks said...

Good for you. It is so hard for me to understand how you could ever feel guilty about anything. You have nothing to feel guilty about! I think you're practically perfect in every way -- like Mary Poppins. I'm glad Skyler spoils you a bit. I'm sure he is stumped on what his domestic goddess has to feel guilty about:)

smtanners said...

You are amazing!

Thanks for the fun date. I enjoyed spending time and visiting with you. We should do it again sometime. ;)

Always yours,
SMT

CT Pilcrow said...

Sky--you made a comment! I see you are learning the ways to your wife's heart.

Broadhead said...

It's amazing how quick we forget the feeling of freedom to do things on a whim. Seems like a life time ago! lol Totally worth it though, right. ;)

You guys are so cute!