Sunday, February 1, 2009

So our Moms can sleep easier...

After being home in Washington & Oregon for the long holiday break I didn't know for sure if I was going to be happy to come back to New York. There is something fantastic about walking a few feet and knowing that Mom, Dad, or a sibling will be there to chat with and help make the day run more smoothly. I was slightly bummed to come back to the world of "just the two of us," not because this life isn't wonderful, but it is true that at times it can be slow and even lonely. However, my dear friends, Angella & Lexi, have each unintentionally reminded me of how wonderful the people are in this area and that perspective has stuck with me throughout the week. I know it is cheesy to give a "shout-out" to your friends on your blog, but heck, this is my blog and I am a cheesy girl so you can read if you want or skip it.

I have been blessed with great friends in my life and our Cornell life has continued the trend. We have both enjoyed this stage in life and have been able to get to know and make new life-long friends. The people we have met here have been some of the most fun, exciting, caring, and considerate people we have known. There are many people here that we have come to love and can both say are close friends and even others that we don't know closely but admire your kind examples. We are happy to be sharing this time of our lives with our friends here and appreciate the strength that you give to us.

1 comment:

Angella said...

You totally made me cry. I think about my Ithaca friends every single day, and am so thankful for the opportunity we had to live there. You are such a fabulous friend, Shannah, and I'm just so blessed you didn't run away the first time you met me! :)