Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A big cut....

So, I have been growing my hair out for the past year. I went from this...


to this...

in a year and three months. With styling cuts between.

I have been considering cutting my hair for the last 3 weeks or so. When Lexi came to town she was excited to suggest a haircut and get to work. I can't believe it, but I even had enough hair to donate to Locks-of-Love (following in Natalie's footsteps).

I am glad to have short hair again. I really love it both ways. I feel a little more NYC-esque with it short and I think I look closer to my age.


Looking my age is the primary reason for the cut. Over the last 3 months I have had more people act shocked when I mention that I have a husband or that I am over 16 than ever before. It gets quite depressing. It is quite common that people assume I am not old enough to have graduated from high school, let alone to be married and have a master's degree. I will count my blessings on the matter later, but for now I would prefer for people to assume I am at least over 21. No one is ever rude, of course they attempt to turn it into a compliment and then say something to the effect of "That's why you have such a mature attitude." But still, I don't want to look only a few years older than my students. You can decide for yourself if the short hair actually does what I want it to do. For now I feel quite attractive/fun and Skyler can't stop the compliments. I think we both like a little change once in a while.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, that is a big cut! It looks good :) I'm not brave enough to go shorter than my last cut was. And now I'm ready for my hair to be longer again. Way to go!

Molly said...

so so sexy! I really love it. I don't really know NYC, but your cut screams NYC to me. Classy style screaming, of course.

Mollie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE. So chic!!

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!! I think we've traded places now. I'm trying to grow mine out again. :) Nice move, though. It looks sooo good.

Chelsea Parsons said...

whoaaaa!!! Utterly gorgeous!!! love it long, love it short. Love it when people do shock factor things! You didnt just get a trim!!!!!!! Got a very cool pressie from you in the mail about an hour ago! you are soooo sweet Shannah! Love the voucher, thanks heaps!!!!

Suzanna said...

I LOVE IT!! I think it suits you quite well. I actually chopped my hair as well a couple weeks ago. It is much shorter than it has ever been with lots of layers. I suppose I should take a picture too.