Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Photography Class

I am taking a photography class this week so I can learn more about using the manual settings on the camera and not feel confined by the auto settings that keep me from doing what I want. I did a bit of photography in high school with a 35mm but I don't remember much from it other than the lingo--without the appropriate definitions. I have enjoyed the class a great deal thus far. We are learning various things and I feel like I can actually take the pictures that I want--now I just need to work on my composition and my personal style.

Here are a few photos from the last two nights of homework:


Assign: take a pic with 2/3rds window 1/3 wall (practice with lighting)
p.s. Don't you love the tiling? This is in our apt foyer. It is my favorite.


Assign: panning--follow the moving subject.


Assign: ghosting--subject in the frame for part of the exposure, but not the entire time.



Assign: more with exposure--long shutter speed (a spinning door to Sky's work)


Assign: take a pic of the same subject at 5 different angles all with same exposure--obviously this is only one of the photos.






3 comments:

Mollie said...

Oh how cool! I love that first one with the window and wall.

Molly said...

I think you have a crush on your subject. I like the first one, too!

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohh yipeeeee, a photo class. You lucky girl. I just love how you a re getting out there and doing stuff in NYC. You will love it that you did this class. Smiling big here!