Friday, July 11, 2008

Beauty in Central Park

Central Park is one of my favorite places in NYC. Maybe it is because I am not a city slicker through-and-through. I love being amongst all of the beautiful natural scenery in Central Park and then seeing the skyscrapers in the distance.

I now love Central Park even more as last night we had the most magical experience. We were just going for a walk after dinner and as we were walking along a path Skyler pointed out to me that there were fireflies. It was dusk, so as it got darker we started to see more and more. We walked amongst the fireflies for a good mile. What a neat experience! I have never seen fireflies before and I wouldn't have expected to see them in NYC. I was so thrilled. We ended up stopping and just sitting and watching them for a good twenty minutes just before we left the park so I could soak it all in and appreciate the moment.




There are just so many things to love about NYC!

P.S. These pictures are borrowed from other people on the web because we didn't have our camera with us last night. We are going to go out again and with my camera next time!

5 comments:

Jack said...

With your lead-in to a magical moment in Central Park, I thought you would describe how dozens of people started singing and dancing with you two, while birds and squirrels chimed in. Too many Disney movies, i guess. But wouldn't that be a great blog post. Hurray for Fireflies!

SMT Family said...

That is funny Jack! Mostly because every time I go to Central Park I get the song "That's How You Know" stuck in my head. I love Enchanted!

Natalie said...

I love fireflies! It is the perfect time of year for them, too. We used to run around catching fireflies at dusk as we'd wait for the fireworks to start on the 4th of July. And on most other summer nights too :)

Angella said...

hey, great choice of backgrounds! great minds think alike!!

Molly said...

I love the background, too! When I saw it, I thought to myself, "I don't want to take that one, because I'm sure Shannah will find it and want it." I'm glad you did!