We had a fantastic time over Spring Break (Mar 13th -21st) visiting Emerald Isle, North Carolina. We drove down with the Lee's that live in Ithaca and the Jones' flew in from Chicago. Skyler and I love roadtrips and had a great time traveling with the Lee's and playing with both couples at the beach house. We were all able to spend lots of time playing and laughing together. We all loved the beach and I felt right at home. It was the most similar beach I have found on the east coast to where my family vacationed along the Oregon Coast. Needless to say, I was in heaven. Skyler had an enjoyable time watching me play in the water and we both had a blast with our friends while we enjoyed the weather.
Highlights not documented by photos:
playing wii
delicious dinners at the beach house
dining out at yummy restaurants
famous NC bbq
late night movies
relaxing inside the beach house
great walks on the sand
lots & lots of laughs
Thursday we went to Shackleford in search for wild ponies. The ponies made it here as the Spanish shipwrecked on Shackleford in the 1400's and left horses.
Tuesday we went to an aquarium. We had a great time playing with the stingrays and taking silly pictures around the exhibits.
Wednesday & Thursday we soaked up the sun!
Thank you Lee's for inviting us to join you in sunny NC!
No comments:
Post a Comment