Wednesday, November 7, 2007

23 in NYC...

The giant piano at FAO Schwarz..these guys were really good!


Us at Rockefellar Center...the ice rink is open! It already feels like Christmas in NYC! I loved it!


The Rockefeller Building...where Chadbourne and Parke is...maybe this will be Skyler's building! It would be a fun view to see all the ice skaters and holiday decorations down below. I wonder when they will put the tree up?!


Grand Central Station...Skyler will commute to here everyday if we decide to live in NYC! It is a beautiful building and I love the hustle and bustle of it all.

We went to NYC for the weekend. Skyler needed to meet with two firms that he has an offer from and he wanted me to be able to spend my birthday in the city. We had a great time. We mostly just wandered around and talked about whether or not we want to live there.

I had a great birthday. Skyler was sweet and woke me to presents and ordered breakfast in bed at the hotel so I got to enjoy fancy French toast in a fancy bed. Then I spent the day at a Starbucks so I could write one of my papers for school. It was a nice NYC day!

To add to the great birthday, I heard from all of my close friends and family, which definitely made my day. It feels weird to be 23! I think I might be able to enjoy it...but one of my friends said that at 23 you are officially getting old...uh oh!

2 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

yeahhh, you are ancient now!!!! HAppy birthday Shannah..... glad you had a great day...oxox

Angella said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got to enjoy it in such a fun place!