Sunday, October 25, 2009

The nursery...

While I was pregnant I had a "nesting" breakdown when I was so sad that Savannah wouldn't be able to grow up in our Ithaca apartment. Somewhat silly, but I still claim it wasn't total insanity because though our apartment wasn't the nicest ever, it was our home. I am not sure if my mom got wind of that somehow--I don't think she did, but she must still have a special channel to my mind and heart because she went over the top to make us feel at home while visiting.

My old room is now a beautiful nursery for Savannah. I was bummed when I first moved away from home and my room was slowly taken over with things that weren't mine...but now I am thrilled. It made me feel very special as a daughter that my mom and dad would work for hours to make this room new and it made me feel more comfortable and adequate as a mom to have special space for our little girl.


Isn't it beautiful?! My mother is very talented!
If you look closely you can see Savvy in there sleeping away.


I love going in the nursery and having special mommy-daughter moments with my baby girl. Several days I have just snuggled with her in the chair and thought of all the wonderful things she will be able to enjoy in life and the thrill it is to be a part of it all. Savannah still lights up when she sees my face unlike what she does for anyone else and it makes my day everyday. I love being able to enjoy many of these moments in Savannah's beautiful room.

She always sleeps with one hand over her eye, very cute!

1 comment:

Molly said...

That nursery is so special! What a loving grandma! Livie's started sleeping holding on to her left ear. We have to leave her left arm out of her swaddle or she fights us.