Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Absolute love...

Daddy and his baby girl Sunday July 19
These two hold my heart in their hands!

We are loving having our little girl home with us. She has been a fantastic sleeper and eater, so she has her two jobs down. The three of us have adjusted well to being home, likely due to the fact that my sweet mom is here with us.

Savannah has taken well to her home and seems to be content. She cries very little--only when she needs something or if mommy is torturing her by insisting she wear something cute :) She has taken well to sleeping on a full stomach--she actually went 6 hrs tonight before I woke up in a bit of a panic wondering why she hadn't cried for me, but she was contently sleeping. I did wake her though so as to make sure she didn't starve.

Right now it is actually 5 am and I am wide awake while she sleeps because I just can't get enough of her. Staring at her makes me the happiest person in the world. She brings a joy to our lives that we hoped for but could never adequately express. Our Savannah Madelyn really has brought even more love into our special home.

I will be sure to write our birth story soon. It will take a bit to write, but we would like to have a record of the special event.

Of course, no blog post will ever be adequate without pictures of our little doll!

Bringing her home Saturday July 18

Our first Sunday as a family of three!

2 comments:

Meran said...

I love the pictures, they are so cute:)

Brooke said...

Look at that hair! Congratulations Shannah & Skyler. Your little girl is a beauty.