Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Break...

(more pictures to come...)

We have returned from our fantastic vacation where we were able to visit both my family in Washington and Skyler's family in Utah. It was the best way to spend our holiday break. We were sad to leave both homes but are also glad to be back for Sky's final semester of school.

The most enjoyable part of our time in Washington was likely the 18 inches of snow that kept us inside playing games and sharing memories as a family. Becca was there to join in the fun which made it all the better. Skyler made lots and lots of treats...which we all quickly devoured so as to encourage him to make more. Mom and I crafted together. Skyler and Dad competed on the Wii. Mostly we had a relaxing and cozy time with family.

Utah brought to-do lists and fun. There is lots to do in a family with 10 children. Skyler and I were able to spend time doing projects and helping with the kids. It is always nice to see all of the kids at their various activities. MarKette, Tay, Drex, Brin, Stet, & Kohl at basketball and Angelina at dance & gymnastics. Skyler also enjoyed some snowboarding with his older siblings and I enjoyed some sledding with the little ones. It was especially nice to be with Mom & Dad Tanner in the evenings as we all settled down to chat.

We were also able to see some of our friends from BYU. It is always nice to get back together with the girls. Life is changing for everyone but we all still seem like we have been through it together. I must admit as an aside that walking around BYU and Provo sure seemed weird! We have definitely been in a new stage of life over the last few years and it made BYU seem slightly odd but also nostalgic.

Natalie with baby Jackson, me, Suzanna, & Molly.

We love our families and miss them already. Ithaca has welcomed us back with freezing cold arms (currently feels like -12 degrees) and we feel like we haven't missed a beat.

2 comments:

Starla said...

LOL I love that you waited til I left to take this picture! hahah

Mollie said...

What an adorable picture of you girls! aww I miss you : (