Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Week Off...

Some might say, "Why would Shannah need a week off? She has a the whole summer off." You would be right, I don't really have much on my plate right now. But Cassie's mom was a sweetheart and treated us to a 3-night inclusive stay at a B&B type place down in Cape May, New Jersey last Monday to Thursday.

Cassie knows I am in love with the 1800's right now so it was great to stay in the place that we did. It was old-fashion and full of charm. That is a nice way to say that we didn't have our own shower--but we did have a claw-footed bathtub :) Truly we loved the old-fashion charm of the area. I would still love to take a trip back in time to nineteenth century England. (For those of you that don't know, I am somewhat obsessed with Jane Austen books right now).

The highlight of the trip was likely the bike ride. We went for what turned out to be a 25 mile bike ride. Luckily Cape May terrain is not similar to the hills of Ithaca so it wasn't taxing in the least, just leisurely. But we did walk like cowgirls after hopping off of our bikes. We had a blast.

The other things we did were treated ourselves to 20 min. massages and SkeeBall. I must say we are quite talented SkeeBallers. Now
that is something to be proud of! Other than that we lazied around on the beach and hit the shops. It was great to be on the beach and to do girl stuff.

Here are some photographs from the trip. We were just a couple of sun-thirsty girls gallivanting along and loving the charming town.



The rocking chair in my room--a personal favorite.



Me wandering through the shops.


Us on a quiet beach during our bike ride.



The lighthouse--also part of our bike ride tour.



I loved the fog here. This was near the lighthouse.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fun little trip! I love the pictures

Molly said...

You should try reading Edith Wharton. I think of her as the American Jane. And some of her books are based in New York!