Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bronx Zoo

Skyler and I took a trip to the Bronx Zoo on Saturday along with Hank and Stacy. We had a great time and best of all, it was free! When we headed out to take the subway to the zoo we were worried that we were crazy because it was absolutely pouring. It was an adventure and we had a good laugh at ourselves. It started to rain even more when Sky and I got to the zoo, we waded through puddles and just had a good laugh every time thunder struck. Sometimes it can be fun to be crazy.

I mention all of this silly stuff because not only was it fun, but it turned out to our benefit. After the initial storm things cleared up. When the Toone's met up with us the sun was shining and the sky was clear. And the best part, no one else was at the zoo. We were able to see all of the animals without trouble because there weren't any obnoxious people trying to budge. We had a front-row seat to everything. It was definitely worth the initial stormy weather. Plus Sky and I are turning out to be fans of the warm rain in NYC.

P.S. Chels, you are right. I am a sporadic blogger :) I should be better.


I think these were my favorite. The mama and baby were so attached to each other. It was quite adorable.


This picture is for Sky's siblings. They are the animals from the cartoon "Madagascar." Kids at the zoo were singing the song "We like to move-it, move-it" as they looked at these lemurs.


They did a feeding "show" with the sea lions. They had them do all sorts of fun tricks. They are such smart animals and clearly attached to their individual trainers.


And of course, the tourist picture. Have you ever seen a tourist picture with only two tourists! It was grand!

5 comments:

Jake and Em said...

Hey, Jake and I have arrived. How long are you guys in NYC? We are going into the city on Saturday with my parents! I'm so excited!

Mollie said...

I love you in your cute summer skirts (this post and the last one). OH and that rocking chair picture is fantastic.

Molly said...

I love the zoo! Such a good date idea.

Chelsea Parsons said...

Warm rain? Warm rain is good! Ohhh it looks like you guys had fun at the zoo! Darbs, Bethan and Hattie would have loved that!

Bridi said...

I saw your blgo when I was on Jaley's. I know I said I would never blog, but now I'm all caught up in it like everyone else. We'll have to keep in touch. I love you guys and I was excited to hear about the job offer. Congratulations, I'm so proud of you guys.