Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring in Ithaca...

I am in love with Ithaca again. During the winter, I can have mixed feelings toward the area, but in the Spring I just can't get enough. I can't wait for our families to come out here and see why they should come and live on the east coast.

This week was a decent week. I am back into the swing of things at my placement (17 days left!) and Skyler finished up his classes. Now Skyler is in the intense stage of law school--FINALS! I am sure he will do well, but he will be putting in a lot of long days studying. I have my solo weeks the next two weeks. It should be fun!

Yesterday I went to an Enrichment activity where the Oh-So-Talented Melissa gave a lesson on photography. Today, to celebrate having actually looked at my camera manual for the first time, I went outside and took a few pictures. I hope you all love the beautiful landscape and have the urge to fly and visit us...if you aren't country folk, you can visit us in 3 weeks when we are in NYC!



This is for Chels...don't you love this barn?! You could do some beautiful art with this backdrop.


I love funky trees.


This one is for Cassie, she made a special request.



A beautiful barrel of hay and a bit of sunset.



Me fiddling with how to set things in and out of focus.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Great photos! I think I need to learn a thing or two about my camera too. Oh and I am trying to figure out a way to visit you this summer... don't tell Greg :).

SMT Family said...

Okay, if you visit me this summer I will be SO happy! That would be WONDERFUL! We can do a lot of damage together in NYC!

Chelsea Parsons said...

awww, I love that you said that pic was for me! yes I would love to take some pics of the girls by that barn!!! Ithaca was full of cool backdrops like that! Tell me, in 3 weeks are you DONE with Ithaca and is this NYC thing just for the Summer???? Im confused.... xox ps, got me a nice set of digital scales!!!