Friday, June 15, 2012

Sisters...

Savannah was very anxious to meet Summer and come visit us in the hospital.  Skyler and I were anticipating their first meeting with great excitement and could hardly stand waiting until the next morning, but by the time Summer made her appearance Savvy was fast asleep.

The morning of the 7th Savvy came with Krystiahna to meet her new sister.  We were all grateful to have them together.  Savannah was very gentle and sweet as she continued to ask to hold Summer throughout the extended visit. I loved having us all in the room together.

Savannah's first time holding Summer

That same evening my dad, Krystiahna, and Savannah came to visit with us again. Savannah did a great job with the hospital and wasn't the slightest bit uncomfortable, but when it was time for her to leave we all had our heartstrings pulled.  We let Savvy stay too far past her bedtime.  Savvy repeated over and over that she wanted her mommy and she wanted us to all be a family at our new blue home.  All three of us were crying by the time she made it to the car.  Luckily she fell asleep during the drive and the rest of the transition was smooth.  That was the first of the struggle for me to balance my love for the two girls.  I was heartbroken to send my first baby home while I knew I needed to have more time with our second baby in the hospital.  By now we have all made the transition and the balance came naturally, but silent prayers for strength were given among my many tears that night.

getting ready to leave the hospital and go home together

The next morning as we all gathered to go home in the car together Skyler and I were a bit overwhelmed to have two children in the car, but were incredibly grateful to be a family together.  Our girls are so precious to us.



All home together on Friday, June 8th

No comments: