Monday, March 5, 2012

27 weeks...

I woke up this morning and did my normal scripture study and lazy reading on my iPhone while Skyler was getting ready for work. I like to start my days slowly. I ended up checking my BabyCenter app knowing that today marks 27 weeks and wanting to see the latest updates on Summer's growth.

For some reason seeing that she is 2lbs and knowing that if she decided to come any day in the next 13 weeks that she would be healthy and happy, made me crack into gear. I have so much to do before she comes!!! And I am so excited to see her!

My list of projects and such for Summer is completely doable, I just know I need to focus more on it rather than other things. I have been sucked into the house buying frenzy and have been letting that take my free time. The idea of having a house for my family that is our own and not a rental apartment makes me so happy I find myself singing about it...(my own songs, and "If you're happy and you know it).

I don't want it to sound like I haven't been excited for this pregnancy, because I have. This little girl is already such a blessing to our family and we are so incredibly excited to welcome her into our home. Her little kicks and hiccups are so fun to feel and to imagine who she will be and how much she will be loved is often what I end up thinking about in my quiet moments. I know the time will fly between now and her arrival.

Summer, we love you and are looking forward to the special day when you make your appearance. Now I'm off to start the laundry, sewing, and hypnobabies practice!

1 comment:

Lindsey Hicks said...

Summer - what a great name. Love it.