Monday, May 10, 2010

4 year anniversary...

We celebrated our anniversary in April and had a wonderful surprise trip to make it all the more exciting!

Our anniversary fell on a Wednesday, but on Tuesday afternoon we found out that a firm in NYC wanted to interview Skyler on Friday. I wasn't too concerned that Skyler would be gone for the "big day" because even though we have only been married for 4 years, we don't seem to celebrate on the actual day because of finals and all of that jazz, so I just anticipated a nice date when he came back home. But I should have known that my husband is better than that. After finding out he would be in NYC Skyler sent me a sweet text asking me if I would accompany him to NYC for the week. Umm, yes! I was thrilled! So we bought tickets to NYC the night before we flew out, crazy, but it is always fun to be spontaneous!



reading on the plane.........our old block in NYC....... Savvy enjoying the ride

We were in NYC from Wednesday evening until Saturday afternoon, so not long, but it only took two minutes of being in the city to remind us why we want to be there. We were able to stay with Gary & Mel and loved being back in their living room (oh the good 'ole days). Chandler, the great uncle, took a bus from Boston to meet up with us (okay, probably just to see Savvy) on Thursday and Nick was even able to join us on Friday night. We packed a lot of fun into those three days!

Skyler also logged some hard hours interviewing. A trip that started with one interview on Thursday and another on Friday ended with one on Thursday and three on Friday! We are very grateful that the firms were interested in meeting with him and hope that he will be flying back again soon!


resting in Bryant Park

Our anniversary ended with a surprise hotel stay in Phoenix. On our way back from NYC we had a layover in Phoenix that was overbooked. We can't refuse free flight vouchers, so we stayed the night at a hotel and enjoyed the rest of our surprise vacation.

It was a great way to celebrate our marriage and enjoy the "season of our lives." Savannah was a great traveler and loved the many things to see in NYC and especially enjoyed all of the attention from friends, family, and strangers. Skyler and I loved being able to show Savannah the city and sharing all of the excitement with her. Most of all, Skyler and I enjoyed being together and supporting each other during this time. There really are times in your life when you can choose to make your marriage stronger or let life take over, this is one of those times and we have clearly chosen to make it stronger. Loving each other during the chaos of life is exciting and makes life seem to be an adventure rather than a chore.



April 2006

I wouldn't have preferred to spend the last four years with anyone else in the world. These years have been the best of my life and I can only see life getting better. Skyler is my best friend, support, and companion.

Sky, I earnestly love and adore you! Thank you for asking me to be your wife.


April 2010

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

How sweet! Glad to see that you guys are doing well. So, I am confused because I thought Skyler had a job with a firm. I take it that fell through?