We loved having an early Christmas with the Larsens before our trip to be with the Tanners. Savannah enjoyed opening the presents--crackling paper is one of her favorites. I would tear a bit off for her to grip and then she would yank one way while I pulled in the opposite direction. She loved all of her gifts but it was definitely love at first sight when she saw the soft-blocks from Grandma and Grandpa. She rarely whines or whimpers, but she couldn't get to those fast enough and made it clear to Mommy that she wanted to play with them, ALL of them! It was quite fun to watch her be so enthusiastic and aware of everything. She is definitely an alert little girl!
My grandparents joined us for the evening which was full of fun as we enjoyed a nice meal, watched Savannah play, and all enjoyed playing Skyler's new Super Mario Bros game. It is always fun to watch Skyler be a bit nostalgic and this game definitely was a hit. It was great to spend the weekend with family as we topped it off with a nice Scrymgeour family visit at my Aunt Brenda's home.
Christmas with the Tanners was also a delight. We enjoyed Christmas Eve with the traditional Hinkins' gathering. We of course ate too much and laughed lots. After the party we stuck with tradition and had our room full with the six children home along with the three of us. Of course me being a child at heart I couldn't sleep all night in anticipation of the morning fun so me and Brin shared a few anxious looks during the early morning hours in hopes that we could start the fun. Luckily Savannah woke up around 7 and started the morning off right with giggles and love for all.
This is the closest thing we have of Savannah with "Santa" for her first Christmas.(She is in a stage that she loves touching faces. I probably encourage it by letting her touch my face and giving her hand kisses while she is nursing.)




3 comments:
I'm curious what you and Skyler made for each other... Cute pictures!
It was fun to see you guys. Savannah really is super alert; you can tell she's very smart!
Shannah! Thanks for your comments. You always make me feel so good. I think Savannah is gorgeous and very expressive and I love the jamies.
Post a Comment