Family was in town to visit us for my graduation on Friday last week. It seems like a long time ago and I am still not sure that I feel the closure. I feel like in a week, after visiting family, I will go back to school. Please tell me that isn't a sign that I should go back for a PhD?! Maybe I am just not quite sure what life as an "adult" really is like.

We had a great time with our families in town. My parents both came out and Sky's mom and Chandler came. We were able to show them around upstate New York. I am working hard to convince my family that they should come to NY; it isn't hard to convince Mom, but Dad might never leave the evergreen trees of Washington. We were able to do lots of fun things with everyone and I think everyone had a fun time...then we took them to the city...
We moved into our apartment in NYC on Saturday. It is a great studio. I really love it. The block that we live on is gorgeous and I feel like a "real" New Yorker. We took our family around NYC. We wore them out quickly and they probably felt like NYC was a little too crazy. We tried to cram in as much as we could because we know that it will be hard for them to come out frequently.
Now we are in Orangeville with Skyler's family. We have been doing various things around the house and trying to help get things in order for this weekend activities. I spent the day on a field trip with Brinler (4th grade). We went to a place called "Goblin Valley." It was very neat. And needless to say, I wanted to step right into teacher mode. I restrained myself--my shyness won the internal conflict. Goblin Valley was very neat. Definitely nothing I have seen before. It was fun to watch Brinler and his friends act like explorers.




6 comments:
Holy cow, I can't believe you guys are gone already! Those last few weeks when everybody is so busy and consumed with what they have to get done finally pass and in the wake we realize we're down a handful of friends. I hope we can make it to NYC this summer though it's going to be action packed and busy for us. Have a blast and I'm glad you'll be back for one last year! :)
So, I want to see pictures of your apartment. :)
Congrats on finishing! I've been meaning to call you forever.
Will we get to see you when you're in Utah? I hope so! I know you're always really busy though. My family is coming to town this weekend and we might go to Goblin Valley--funny you just went there too!
I want to see pics of your new apartment too :)
Yes pictures please! And definitely take some of your views, nearby buildings, etc. Congratulations too! I completely missed it, I'm sorry. I even have your announcement on my fridge. So proud of my cousin-in-law! A Masters degree.
Oh and I think you might get a couple of friendly visitors at the end of the summer.... we'll talk :)
p.s. Snazzy shoes! Love em. Also, you hair is so long- I didn't realize it grew so fast. You look great!
I just love how the other girls are wearing black shoes. Great photography! Congrats on being a graduate!
Post a Comment