Monday, July 2, 2007

our garden update...

Not much happened today. I was able to babysit Blythe today and Skyler went to work. I really enjoyed my day with Blythe and found it to be relaxing but still productive. She was a bit disappointed that I didn't bring Skyler with me, so we managed to stop by and say hi to him at the law school. Blythe thought the law school was so neat...and she giggled with delight when Skyler met up with us.

The most exciting thing in our day has been to see our garden growing. I can't believe it! We have so many veggies growing now! It makes me feel like I get something done during the day. So for those interested, here is our garden as of today. What a neat thing to have our first garden and see it growing so well!

strawberries, chives & cilantro...we have eaten all three and they are delicious!

our tomatoes just sprouted a few days ago...and now we have 9!

spring salad mix...changing color & hopefully now it is less bitter tasting...got a little ahead of myself one day!

our squash plant is huge and has over 10 squash buds! Yum, yum!

I really worried that our cucumber wasn't going to make it at the beginning...but with a little tlc it has turned around and has sprouted several cucumbers and there are lots of flowers suggesting we will have lots of cucumber salad this fall!

I think it is so interesting that such tiny flowers change into cucumbers.

1 comment:

Chelsea Parsons said...

yay, it looks great!! are ya gunna pickle that cucumber?! So glad you guys got up to 1000 Islands. It's so cool hey?! I start school on monday but it would be cool to catch up one day....